Responsible for producing timely and accurate Cost and Cost Estimating reports, coordinating the Cost department's reporting efforts with Financial Accounting to insure integration of cost with the financials. Maintain full compliance with government cost standards.
1. Mentor and facilitate all work within Cost Accounting.
2. Work with team to ensure reporting deadlines are maintained.
3. Review all cost information prior to distribution.
4. Coordinate and distribute:
-Bid support as requested
-Monthly Cost of Sales
-Product line profitability reports
-Market Segment profitability reports
-Cost of Quality
-R & D / NRE reports
5. Coordinate and maintain an adequate cycle count program in conjunction with Material Control and outside accountants, including all parent company requirements.
6. Interface with General Accounting on all sub-ledger issues.
7. Maintain and monitor standard product cost analysis for all products produced.
8. Maintain and monitor worldwide inventory levels to provide trend analysis, forecasts, variance analysis and commentary on a monthly basis.
9. Review progress billings, including all supporting schedules - support customer audits as required.
10. Coordinate the preparation and distribution of special reports.
11. Coordinate quarterly and year end Sarbanes Oxley audit activities to meet audit schedule.
12. Coordinate quarterly and year end audit activities to meet financial audit schedule.
13. Verify weekly labor interfaces between time sheet and ADP to ERP system.
14. Maintain all company costs and work orders within the ERP system.
-Maintain work order ranges
-Cost rollups and standards
-Period rolls - material
-FIM material movement / cost postings in ERP system
15. Use creativity to implement new policies and procedures for continuous improvement.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business management.
2. Five years experience with a minimum of three years supervisory.
3. Should be familiar with Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), FAR and TINA.
4. Must be computer literate; strong computer skills on financial systems and the ability to learn new systems as required.
5. Should have a good understanding of a Standard Cost System.
6. Oral and written communication skills, interpersonal abilities and presentation skills are required.
7. Ability to lead, mentor and provide back up support to the team.
8. Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.