We are seeking a Software Test Engineer to work in our Software Engineering Department. The Software Test Engineer will architect, develop, and execute test cases and procedures to verify the design and functionality of our data bus, motion feedback, motor controller, and power controller products.
1. Plan and document test strategy and test environment for software projects by creating a Software Test Plan (STP) or an equivalent document
2. Architect and develop test cases and procedures based on software requirements by creating a Software Test Description (STD) or an equivalent document
3. Create automated infrastructure to facilitate the development and testing of our products
4. Execute test procedures and record results to ensure products comply with requirements
5. Report defects against development, providing steps for reproduction and recommendations for correction
6. Collaborate with Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering to create processes that facilitate the development of quality products
7. Provide metrics to substantiate the efficacy or inadequacy of processes
8. Provide metrics to substantiate the correctness or incorrectness of development artifacts
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
2. Mid-level experience in software testing or related area
3. Strong experience with C programming language
4. Experience with C++, C#, or Java programming language
5. Experience with Windows, Linux, and one real-time operating system (such as VxWorks or Integrity)
6. Experience with software development tools and software test tools
7. Experience with developing embedded software, software libraries, and software applications
8. Experience with measurement and test equipment, such as electronic loads, logic analyzers, matrix cards, multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, probes, protocol adapters, etc.
9. Experience with communication protocols, such as CAN, RS-232, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, Ethernet, etc.
10. Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C (or RTCA/DO-178B) is desired